Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Family background

WALT: Create a blog post about cultural background

My ancestors on my grandfather's family (on my mother's side) were initially from Croatia; in the early 1900's they migrated to New Zealand. On my grandmother's family side, her early ancestors were Polish, and came to New Zealand as early settlers, the Subritzky family. She also had Scottish and Irish ancestry.

On my father's side of my family, English and Irish ancestry are present, and both grandparents are 1/8th Maori; from Ngati Porou and Nga Puhi tribes.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Ari,
    You know a lot about your family history which is great, is there any traditions your family still practices from those cultures? As both of those tribes are in the North Island I wonder has your family always lived in the North island?
    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    Manaiakalani commenter.

    ReplyDelete

Role Model

 For my role model, I have chosen Ferrucio Lamborghini, who founded the Lamborghini car company, which is famous. I have chosen Ferrucio Lam...