Pages

Thursday 23 April 2020

Character Art

WALT: create a quality blog post that explains our learning


For my character art I chose Mahmoud, a 13 year old Syrian boy, from the book Refugee. In the book Refugee, he lives with his mother, Fatima, his father Youseff, his 10 year-old brother, Waleed, and his baby sister Hana, In Aleppo. I chose to draw Mahmoud because of no particular reason, but I did get some concept of what he might look like. The book describes that his build is stocky, so I obviously wouldn't make him skinny, nor too fat. I chose shorts because Syria is a hot place, and with long pants he may overheat. I chose his shorts to be brown due to the fact that he doesn't want to be conspicuous because he may be bullied, according to the book. I chose his hair and eye colour to be brown because  that is the colour of some Syrian's. Previously, I made the mistake of making his pants bright blue, which would stand out. What character did you choose?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ari, I really like your character art. I like that you put Syria in the background. What did you use to make your character art? For my character art I chose Isabel. Are you enjoying reading the book Refugee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva it is Ari. I made my character art by using google draw. Yes, I am enjoying reading Refugee, I like to know about each of the characters story to escape their country.

      Delete

Role Model

 For my role model, I have chosen Ferrucio Lamborghini, who founded the Lamborghini car company, which is famous. I have chosen Ferrucio Lam...