Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Germany country study

WALT: Create a quality blog post that explains our learning.

During the process of creating this poster I have learnt many interesting and essential facts on the topic of Germany. The areas of research I have chosen include famous people, well-known landmarks and other relevant facts around Germany such as population, currency and national leaders. It was indeed fun and interesting to dig into Germany's essential facts and I enjoyed the process and making the flag was fascinating because I chose 3 colours that matched the stripes on the German flag and drew a square using the polyline tool on google draw. The hardest part was most definititeley drawing the Brandenburg gate, especially the 3 green horses seen on it's highest point. However, the most I could do for the horses was 4 points. I personally like Germany for it's language, because I think foreign languages are interesting, and also the facts such as population and currencies, as I enjoy learning these facts. What I dislike about Germany is mild due to the fact it is no longer present, and that is the period during World War 2, where Adolf Hitler was very cruel to many citizens, especially if they were Jewish.




2 comments:

  1. Hello Ari, I have really enjoyed reading through your blog post about Germany. You have been very busy researching and creating. I especially like the way you have used the google drawing tool to create the German flag and the Brandenburg gate, very creative!

    What was the most interesting piece of information that you found out about Germany today? I think it's amazing that you like the German language, and have provided your audience with some key German words. I must admit, the only German word I knew before reading your poster was Nicht, so I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the new ones you found. Did you know any of those words before your research?

    I agree, my small dislike about Germany would be their involvement in World War 2. Like you briefly mentioned Ari, Germany's involvement was predominantly because of their leader, Adolf Hilter, at the time. I wonder, how do you think Josef must feel, being a young Jewish boy in Germany, in 1938 when Hitler was in charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Fleet

    I personally think the most interesting piece of information on the country study was the fact that their are more soccer players in Germany than the combined population of New Zealand!

    The only words in German I knew before the research was Nicht (no), Hallo (Hello), Guten tag (good mornig), achtung (caution) , guten morgen (good morning).

    I think Josef would think it is extremely strict, nasty, scary, worrying, and confusing. It must have been so difficult to be Jewish and living through those times.

    ReplyDelete

Role Model

 For my role model, I have chosen Ferrucio Lamborghini, who founded the Lamborghini car company, which is famous. I have chosen Ferrucio Lam...